The Town Board will meet on the following dates to review the Supervisor's Tentative Budget:
1. Thursday, October 2 to accept the budget from the Clerk and adopt the proposed Benefit Assessment Roles for Special Improvement Districts and Special Improvement Areas;
2. Tuesday, October 14: regular Town Board meeting with review of Supervisor and Town Board, Recreation Department, Accounting, Water & Sewer districts, Code Enfocement, Highway;
3. Monday October 20: Review of Justice Court, Receiver of Taxes, Assessor, Town Clerk;
4. Wednesday, October 22: Public Hearing on Proposed Benefit Assessment Roles for Special Improvement Areas, Adopt resolution setting Public Hearing for November 5 on proposed Capital Budgets for Water & Sewer Districts and Special Improvement Areas, adopt Preliminary Budget for 2015 and set Public Hearing on the Town Budget;
5. Wednesday, November 5: Public Hearing for Budgets for Special Districts ans Improvement Areas; Public Hearing for Budgets for quarterly operation and maintenance charges, water and sewer rents; public hearing on preliminary Town Budget; adopt O&M charges for water & sewer rates and rents; adopt Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2015.
NOTICE re SPOOK HILL ROAD SPEED LIMIT CHANGE:
Effective immediately, the speed limit on Spook Hill Road is 30 mph! As a result of resident complaints and phone calls, the Town Board petitioned NYS DOT. NYS DOT has authorized the Town to reduce the speed limit from 40 mph to 30 mph. Please obey the new signs!
MacFarlane is still closed to local traffic. Please use caution if you have to drive this road.
Effective July 1, 2014, the Town Recycle Center will no longer accept the older-style CRT television sets. Please do not bring these sets into the Recycle Center. You will be turned away. We apologize for the inconvenience, but new regulations are making municipal disposal of old CRT televisions too costly.
Best Buy at the Poughkeepsie Galleria will accept these TV's with screens up to 32" for free disposal. Simply drive up to Best Buy and go to Customer Service for assistance. For further information, call Best Buy at 298-8077.
The next Town Board meeting is scheduled for September 22.
REBUILDING TOGETHER IN DUTCHESS COUNTY
Thanks to all the volunteers from Rebuilding Together for their excellent work on a home in the Wappinger area. Their unselfishness and willingness to give up a Saturday to help someone in need is remarkable!
Rebuilding Together is currently accepting applications on a year-round basis for their no cost Handyman Programs as well as Rebuilding Day.
Among the general criteria for application eligibility are:
Income 80% or less of Dutchess median household income
Own and reside in the Dutchess County home seeking repairs
Your mortgage and taxes must be current
You must have homeowner’s insurance
Applications are available online at www.rebuildingtogetherdutchess.org or by calling (845) 454-7310.
Because they accomplish their work through the generosity of volunteers, they are unable to offer services on an emergency basis.
Should you need to speak to the Supervisor or your Town Councilman, please call Town Hall and we will set up a time to meet! Main #: 297-4158 Supervisor: 297-2744
2014 Recycle Center Permits are on sale now. Please come to the Town Clerk's office with photo I.D. and vehicle registration(s). For further information, please call the Town Clerk's office at 297-5771.
Recycle Center Policy re Admittance to the Center
Town Board, Town of Wappinger
Adopted March 11, 2013
Effective Wednesday May 1, 2013
Commercials vehicles are not permitted to enter the Recycle Center
Commercial vehicles include, but are not limited to: dump trucks, rack trucks, box trucks, and commercial rental vehicles such as U-Haul trucks and vans, Home Depot trucks and vans.
Pick-up trucks that are for private (not commercial) use shall be permitted, even if the vehicle has commercial plates. The resident must present a notarized letter stating that said vehicle will be used for the disposal of household garbage only; additionally, resident must present vehicle registration and proof of residency in the Town of Wappinger.
Should a small business owner use a pick-up truck as his/her personal vehicle and the vehicle is registered to his/her business, he/she must present proof of residency, vehicle registration, and a notarized letter stating that said vehicle is used has his/her personal vehicle and will be used for disposal of household garbage only.
Rental Vans or Pick-Up Trucks:
If a resident rents a van (maximum ¾ ton or 8’ passenger van) or pick-up for disposal of household items and resident has a Recycle Center Pass, the resident may obtain a one-time use pass free of charge if rental agreement is presented to the Town Clerk’s office; pass must be surrendered at the gate upon entrance to the Center.
If a resident rents a van or pick-up for disposal of household items and resident does not have a Recycle Center Pass, the resident may obtain a one-time use pass for the $15.00 fee upon presentation of rental agreement at the Town Clerk’s office; pass must be surrendered at the gate upon entrance to the Center.
All vehicles must have permit for entrance. No Exceptions.